Friday, November 20, 2009

another easy alteration

I was at Savers today and got this really cute skirt:




I tried it on, and it looked like it would be ok. But then I got home and saw that if I sat wrong, my kneecaps would be poking out like saucy little peeping toms. And since I'm very private about my saucy kneecaps, and since I apparently have the most energy at 10 at night, I got the idea to add some fabric to the bottom. I was lucky enough to have cute black fabric with little white polka dots in my stash. I was gonna gather into a ruffle to match the hem, but that didn't work out. And the chocolate rush was starting to wear off. So I just added a strip of the seamed fabric to the bottom.



I'm quite happy with the results and now can tiptoe joyfully through the tulips without being a flasher.


No comments:

Post a Comment